We thought you may like to know we collect certain information or data about you and your visit to our website when you use girltribegang.co.uk
relates to The General Data Protection Regulations due to come into effect on 25th of May 2018.
When we say “we”, “us”, “our”, and Girl Tribe Gang”, we are referring to Girl Tribe Gang Limited.
When we say “you,” we are referring either to a Girl Tribe Gang Member or to some other person who visits our Website.
Visitors to our website:
When someone visits girltribegang.co.uk we use a third party service, Google Analytics, to collect standard internet log information and details of visitor behaviour patterns. We do this to find out things such as the number of visitors to the various parts of the site. This information is only processed in a way which does not identify anyone.
We do not make, and do not allow Google to make, any attempt to find out the identities of those visiting our website. If we do want to collect personally identifiable information through our website, we will be up front about this. We will make it clear when we collect personal information and will explain what we intend to do with it.
We will be collecting:
- Search terms you have used to either find our website or used on our website, a record of all browsing behaviour including links clicked. This is done via a cookie which is set on your first arrival to our website and the contents of any form you submit to us.
- Information that will help us contact you in the future like: name, address, phone and email.
- Retain all personal information disclosed by you to us, we will not seek to append personal data from external sources.
- Information on engagement with the emails you receive from us.
- The IP address your router freely transmits to our web servers.
- Your browser user agent, as freely transmitted by your computer. This includes your browser build information, your device type and your computer’s operating system.
We will not be collecting:
- Information about browsing habits outside of our own domains (namely girltribegang.co.uk)
- Personal information relating to you and your private life, such as gender, age.
This data is held in a highly protected data storage environment and will be used to:
- Improve the content and relevance of what we send to you.
- Help improve the content we display on our website.
- To bill and collect money owed to us by our Members. This includes sending you emails, invoices, receipts, notices of delinquency, and alerting you if we need a different credit card number. We use third parties for secure credit card transaction processing.
- To communicate with our Members about their membership and provide support.
- Answer any questions you may have submitted and retain this information to ensure a fast and effective service in the future.
- Provide you with the fastest access to the latest content relevant to you.
- Ensure we remain compliant under the terms of the GDPR.
Where do we store your data?
We only store data in a managed secure environment. Your data will never be transmitted outside of the UK, unless you have specifically requested us to do so.
By submitting your information into one of the girltribegang.co.uk data capture points, you are confirming the following:
- You are over 18 years of age.
- You are accepting the relevance of the Girl Tribe Gang product and services to the interests of yourself and/or your company.
- You are providing contact information that will facilitate the communication between Girl Tribe Gang and yourself only.
We use a third party provider, Mailchimp, to deliver our monthly e-newsletters. We gather statistics around email opening and clicks using industry standard technologies including clear gifs to help us monitor and improve our e-newsletter. For more information, please see Mailchimp’s privacy notice.
Should you wish to stop receiving emails from Girl Tribe Gang, you can withdraw consent at any time:
- You may use the unsubscribe link, which will be present within the footer of every email we send to you. Your subscription preferences will be immediately updated.
- You may write to Girl Tribe Gang, specifically requesting your removal (addressed to: Girl Tribe Gang Ltd, The Leeming Building, Ludgate Hill, Leeds, LS2 7HZ). Your request will be actioned upon within 28 days of its receipt. You must include your name and email address for us to ensure its removal.
Please note we cannot accept unsubscribe requests through any other channel.
People who contact us via social media:
We use a third party provider, Hootsuite to manage our social media interactions.
Due to the open nature of the internet, transmitting data to Girl Tribe Gang must only be done via approved data transmission channels. We will endeavour to ensure your data is transmitted to us using the known best practice approaches. It’s important to note, any data you send to us is sent at your own risk.
Once your data is received, it will be stored within the Girl Tribe Gang secure data environment, where we have robust processes and procedures to keep it safe.
Our membership payment process is managed via Paypal, For more information, visit Paypal’s privacy notice. We do not store your payment information.
Disclosing your information:
We will only pass on the personal information collected if we have a legal obligation to do so.
We will not share your information with any Third Parties.
Please note: when signing up as a member of Girl Tribe Gang, we will share your name with the Tribe Boss of the Tribe you have joined so that they are able to welcome you at the next meetup. This is for identification purposes only. We will not share any other personal information about you with your Tribe Boss.
Girl Tribe Gang is working hard to ensure it sets an exemplary standard in data management and usage. Specifically, under the proposed the GDPR you have the right to request the following:
- The right to be informed
- The right of access
- The right to rectification
- The right to erasure (or be forgotten)
- The right to restrict processing
- The right to data portability
- The right to object
- Rights in relation to automatic decision making and profiling
For more information on GDPR and your rights please see:
If you have questions concerning the processing of your personal data you should contact Girl Tribe Gang Ltd, The Leeming Building, Ludgate Hill, Leeds, LS2 7HZ. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
In the event that you have not received a response within 30 days you have the right to contact The ICO, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, SK9 5AF, Email: https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/email or telephone: 0303 123 1113.
Please ensure you have verified the privacy policies on any external websites before submitting personal information.
Girl Tribe Gang may take photographs or film at events for publication on the Internet, including social media, or printed materials, for the promotion and marketing of Girl Tribe Gang. We will never use the photographic/video images for purposes other than those described above, or for marketing via the transfer of the images to third parties, it is against our ethos and prohibited. To withdraw consent please contact email@example.com.
Girl Tribe Gang Limited is located at: Wizu Workspace, The Leeming Building, Ludgate Hill, Leeds, LS2 7HZ
Registered Company Number 11003446.